Few events impact people more than their romantic relationships. Few emotions can compare with those of love. On the other end of the spectrum few things are more hurtful than the loss of love and the end of a relationship.
The thing that ties both of these times together is the possibility of growth. We can learn more about ourselves through our relationships no matter what stage they are in.
Couples therapy can provide a way for individuals to start a relationship, improve in their relationship, or recover from a recently ended relationship. Couples therapy can include just one member of a couple or both members if they’re both willing to meet together with the therapist and do the work of therapy.
Beginning of a relationship
- Are you struggling with feeling lonely?
- Do you find it difficult to meet someone who you can connect with?
- Are you unsure what you want in a partner?
Middle of a relationship
- Have you had trouble communicating?
- Are you having a lot of conflict in your relationship?
- Do you and your partner have trouble hearing each other?
End of a relationship
- Have you experienced a recent break-up?
- Are you trying to decide whether to remain in a relationship?
- Have you struggled with moving on from a relationship?
Couples therapy can be helpful no matter what stage you are in your relationship.
Relationship needs vary and couples therapy is designed to meet these needs. Research has shown couples therapy to be an effective way to address relationship problems as well as increase communication and trust. Couples therapy can be an effective way to form a deeper, stronger, and more intimate bond.
Dr. Salerno provides neither child custody recommendations, services that relate to divorce proceedings, nor legal advice, as these activities do not fall within his scope of practice.